Let’s admit it- cleaning first story gutter is okay, but cleaning second story gutter is NOT everyone’s best moments. For this, you need a ladder that will give you that extra height while being lightweight and ensuring stability. Moving these ladders is another matter of concern. Therefore, you will require something that has all the right elements to make your challenging job less complicated.
Whether you are a pro or merely a homeowner who always ends up unclogging the gutter, you have come to the right place. Here we will take you through the best ladders for cleaning gutter that is hand-picked by our expert staff. You can also go for the Little Giant 22-Foot Velocity Multi-Use Ladder that includes innovative features with 20% lighter construction. For more options, continue reading!
Best Ladder For Gutter Use
Some other related articles:
You do need to make sure the ladder is high enough to reach the gutter. It ought to be very steady as well, and it should be easy to use. Here are some good ladders that may help:
The Little Giant Velocity is a good example of what kind of ladder you might want to use when you’re cleaning your roof gutters.
This aluminum ladder is both strong and lightweight.
Its design isn’t permanent, as it can be configured into 33 different forms. This can certainly reach the gutters of your roof as it can be extended to reach up to 19 feet long. Standing on it, that’s a total reach of 22 feet.
With its many different configurations, you can certainly use it in several different ways. It can be a staircase ladder or an extension ladder, or an A-frame ladder.
You can also buy the Velocity Trestle Brackets separately and turn this ladder into a scaffolding system.
- Easy to adjust with the Rock Lock system
- Can be used on uneven ground
- You can set it at 90 degrees to get you close to the work area
- Wide rungs boost stability and balance while reducing foot pain and fatigue, with deep treads for improved traction
- The legs flare wide at 27 inches for greater stability
- The wheels offer greater portability without the need for carrying the ladder
- The 9-inch profile offers more convenient storage
- Can hold 300 pounds
- Exceeds safety standards set by OSHA and ANSI
- The Velocity Trestle Brackets have to be bought separately
- The “22 feet” in the name factors in your reach, since it’s 19 feet long maximum
- The 300-pound limit doesn’t make it a true 2-person ladder with too many heavyweight people these days
This is also made from aluminum, as this material is famous for being stronger than steel on a per pound basis.
It also can extend to a total length of 19 feet, which explains the 22-ft reach. It’s a multi-position ladder as well, with 28 different adjustment heights to choose from.
The speed locks that secure the ladder are very easy to use, and in fact you can adjust from any side with just one hand.
The feet also stabilize the ladder well, with 2 times the wear thickness compared to more standard ladders. The feet can be rotated, and when needed can also be replaced.
The ladder comes with a limited lifetime warranty, though with proper use this shouldn’t get damaged in any way.
It conforms with ANSI and OSHA standards, and it is even rated for 375 pounds. That means 2 people can use it at the same time.
- Meant for heavy duty use
- 2-person ladder with 375-pound limit
- Lots of configurations available
- Lightweight enough for easy transport
- Easy to adjust
- Heavy-duty hinges minimize sway
- 19 feet long (the “22 feet” refers to the reach)
- You’ll need to buy the rail brackets separately for the scaffolding position
- The wheel kits are also extra
Using Of Gorilla Ladder 22 ft. MPX
3. Gorilla Ladders 22 ft. MPX Aluminum (Refurbished)
Get the specs of the Gorilla Ladders 22 ft. Reach MPX mentioned earlier on this list and you get this one.
However, this is the refurbished version so there are crucial differences. The main benefit here is that you need to pay a lot less for this compared to the price of a brand-new version.
On the other hand, it comes in a generic box and you may not get a lifetime warranty.
- More affordable
- Can carry 375 pounds
- Adjustable height and configuration
- Easy to adjust
- Not sure if there’s a warranty
- The wheels and the brackets for scaffolding have to be bought separately
This is the Fiberglass Extension Ladder that can offer a reach of 23 feet and 8 inches while accommodating a weight of 300 pounds.
The rungs here are D-shaped, with serrations for better tractions. The rails are also non-conductive, so you won’t have to worry if you have to use it near electricity.
Once you’ve set the length of the ladder, you can lock it down with the quick-latch system to keep it secure.
At the bottom, you have heavy-duty shoes made from plated steel, along with thick treads made of rubber to keep the ladder from sliding. The rail end caps are mar-resistant, protect the landing surface.
- Slip-resistant rungs
- Heavy-duty use
- Works well even in extreme weather
- Can handle a weight of up to 300 pounds
- Best for just one person
- Only works as an extension ladder
- Rather hard to move around due to 51-pound weight
LG has another appearance on this list, and this time it’s even more versatile.
That’s because this time you have 43 different configurations to choose from. As an extension ladder, you have 9 sizes to choose from. You also have 5 sizes available if you’re using it as an A-frame ladder.
The other configurations make it seem like you also have four different 90-degree ladders, 10 versions of staircase ladders, and 2 scaffolding trestles with 5 heights available.
It’s also made from space-grade aluminum, so it’s both strong and lightweight for its size. Its extension length is 23 feet instead of just 19 feet, so you can use it for your roof gutter even if you have a second floor.
It is rated for 300 pounds, but sometimes it’s easy to think that Little Giant is just playing it safe for legal reasons. That’s because it’s actually been tested to deal with a weight of 1,200 pounds and its structure didn’t fail at all.
- Extremely versatile
- Stable with wide flared legs
- Can actually work for 2 people
- Wheel system for greater portability
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- The rungs could have been wider
- This is a heavy ladder at 54 pounds
This is also quite versatile, as you can configure it in many ways.
It is made from rust-proof aluminum, and it can handle a weight of up to 330 pounds. It has safety locks to secure it, along with rubber protective pads at the bottom to keep it in place.
Its fully extended height is 19.5 feet, with 11 inches between each rung.
- Can be configured into many different forms
- 330-pound weight limit
- Only weighs 42 pounds
- Comes with 2 free platforms
- It doesn’t feel stable, as you might think it isn’t wide enough
Using Of Folding Ladder
What you might like to here is that in this case, this really is a 12-ft ladder.
The maximum reach is 16 feet (and an inch), and that should be high enough for you to clean the gutter. This is made of heavy-duty fiberglass, and it can handle a weight of up to 300 pounds.
The ladder comes in an A-frame, with a spread of 77 inches. The ladder also widens at the bottom for greater stability.
It offers a slip-resistant boot at the bottom, and at the top the you even have slots for tools if you’re using this for various DIY ceiling projects.
As for safety, don’t worry. It meets the OSHA and ANSI standards.
- Can handle your weight
- Can be used by 2 people (if their total weight is less than 300 pounds)
- Has handy tool slots
- Wide and tough rungs
- Stable boot that won’t slip
- It’s a bit heavy at 47 pounds
- You also need almost 7 feet of space to make sure you can spread the ladder properly
This is a great choice for those who think that regular extension ladders are too bulky.
This is a telescoping ladder, and you can easily keep it in the closet since it’s only 32 inches high when fully closed.
But when it’s fully open, it gets up to 12feet and 6 inches high. The width is 19.5 inches, with a depth of 4.5 inches. It only weighs 34 pounds, and yet it can support a weight up to 300 pounds. It even comes with a nice carrying case.
It’s made from airplane-grade aluminum alloy, with a special molded design for the foot so it won’t slip. The closure system also has indicators that tell you when the rungs are secured in place so you can climb safely.
- Compact enough for the trunk of your car
- Very lightweight
- Can handle 300 pounds
- The finish is easy to clean
- The directions must be read and followed, or else you end up with a bleeding finger
How to Use Ladders Safely
That leads us to the end of the best ladder for cleaning gutter article, Get the ladder you need, and then put on some stabilizers and levelers.
You need to make sure that you’re safe when you clean the gutters, while you don’t damage the roof and the gutters with the ladder itself.
The great thing about many of these ladders is that these can be used for many other DIY tasks, so you get full value for your money!