Your gutters may be part of the roof that protects your home, but you also need to protect the gutter from normal wear and tear.
Here is MasterShield Gutter Guard Reviews, The gutter guard seller and installer you need.
If you’ve been a homeowner for a few years now, you may have realized that your roof gutters are not plug-and-play, file-and-forget roof components. You have to clean them on a regular basis.
If you don’t, water may run over the edge and the drainage may get blocked. You may have moss or algae streaks making your gutters look ugly.
These are just the minor problems, too. Things can get a lot worse—your gutters may rip off, or you may get rot in the wood in your walls and damage to your yard.
Yes, it’s a lot of work.
The good news is that you can actually protect your gutter so that you can minimize or even prevent some of these problems. You can buy gutter guards, and some of these sellers like master shield can even install them properly for you.
MasterShield Gutter Guard In-Depth Reviews
Plenty of Master Shield gutter guard reviews laud the product and the installer, so you really should consider this.
MasterShield is a true innovator in the gutter protection industry, starting with research that began in the 1990s.
Alex Higginbotham then invented in 1999 a fine microfilter for roof gutters that let water in quickly but kept out organic debris.
The Microfiltration Gutter Products (MGP) brand offers microfiltration protection for the gutter which came with revolutionary features for homeowners.
MGP launched the LeafFilter Gutter Protection which became a success in 2001. It was part of the Annual Top 100 List compiled by Building Product Magazine for 2003 and 2004.
Through the years, their research kept adding new technologies to their roof gutter guards. These included using surgical-grade stainless steel for the filter, and the MicroVortex feature that allowed installers to pitch the MGP gutter guards at the same angle as the roof.
In 2018, they began using copper in their products. Their research discovered that copper reacts with rain water to break down lichen, algae, and moss.
MasterShield Gutter Guard Features
The way MasterShield works is actually simple to describe. It’s a filtration system for roof gutters that lets rain water through quickly to prevent flooding, while it keeps out debris.
- This uses their HydroVortex Technology to get the water through the filter efficiently. This technology pulls the water through regardless of the angle, which means it works at any roof pitch. There’s no need to keep the filter flat. The water goes through the filter fast enough regardless of how heavy the rains can get.
- The micro-mesh filter keeps out the debris, and it even comes with a self-cleaning feature. It will easily shed various types of tree debris such as leaves. There are some unusual cases when clogging might occur, but these would be rare and can easily be avoided or fixed.
- The MasterShield is attached to the gutter’s front lip. It also has a 1-inch drip edge extending from the lip of the gutter. This feature minimizes tiger striping, which are the dirty lines caused by rain water that makes gutters look unattractive.
- As the MasterShield encloses the gutter completely, birds and bees simply can’t get inside the system to nest. There’s no viable nesting site for birds and bees because the MasterShield lets the water through most of its surface. It is just not dry enough for these animals to nest.
- For the surface, this uses 316 stainless steel that meets ASTM International standards. It offers a special non-stick surface which also resists corrosion.
- It also has an aluminum housing with enamel finish baked on that won’t blister, chip, or crack.
- There’s an Ice Shield Heated Gutter Guard that you can get from MGP which can prevent icicles forming in your gutter.
- There’s also a copper version that works to keep moss and algae problems to a minimum.
Pros of MasterShield Gutter Protection
- It helps keep debris from gathering at the top of the MasterShield guard.
- The gutter guard won’t add to overshoot.
- It isn’t very noticeable from the ground, while it also comes in 14 possible colors to match the color of your roof.
- Its use doesn’t void roof warranties.
- MasterShield offers no-clog along with no-nests warranties.
- The no-clog warranty even offers a refund of the insurance deductible up to $1,500 should the clog cause damage.
- The warranties are for a lifetime and they’re transferable.
Cons of Master Shield Gutter Protection
- It has to be installed by a licensed contractor or dealer.
- There several complaints about customer service, which is often passed on to the dealer.
- While the gutter itself may not clog, the MasterShield gutter guard may. This may require regular maintenance to avoid clogging. Pollen, for example.
MasterShield Coverage Area
This depends on whether there’s a dealer in your area. You can contact MGP through their website and find out.
Services Offered By Mastershield
The gutter guards must be installed professionally, and by an authorized dealer. You can also call MGP for a free in-home demonstration of the system.
By most accounts the cost can run more than a thousand dollars. However, you can call them for a free inspection. You can contact MGP at their website and fill out the request form or call 1-844-230-4551.
What Makes MasterShield Unique
The good news is that the product does have a rather sterling reputation.
It has an “excellent” 4.7 out of 5 rating at Consumer Advocate. It really does work at protecting your gutter from getting clogged, which keeps you from too much maintenance and saves you from fixing these clogs.
The bad news is that problems can still occur, and then you’d have to deal with the dealers. Their commitment to excellent service may not be altogether unanimous.
In other words, while the general consensus is that you’re getting your money’s worth, you may end up with a dealer that isn’t really good enough.